View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
aidylc
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default constipation in older dog

I have a older Yorkie that I rescued. He has never been well. I have five other very small dogs, 3 yorkies, 1 chiwawa, 1 Moltese (sp).
The other day all the dogs jumped the older dog. He kind of went into shock.
I held him for a long time wrapped in a blanket. For the last few days, He has been improving. I have been getting into the shower with him and this really relaxes him. I just stand and hold him under warm water. He is starting to walk around and he has always had trouble walking. He is blind and deaf. He is drinking a lot of water and is eating. I am afraid that I am giving him too fatty food. All my dogs have homemade food of roasted chicken, carrots, broccoli, string beans, rice and either olive oil or coconut oil. He has no teeth and I puree all his food. He especially likes the "Dog Joy" chick sausages that that are very soft. I give him warm. I have been giving him rich chicken broth, home made with no salt, with dog joy pureed to get him to eat. He is loving it.
The problem is that he is constipated. Does that have something to do with the fatty diet I am giving him. I though it would help him get stronger. He is peeing nice and clear and often. I have now started letting him walk a bit. I am constantly with him, or if I have to go out, he is in a comfy little bed in a cage. I am so worried, can anyone help?
Thank you so much.
aidylc
aidylc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!