View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
ColesMommy01
YT 1000 Club Member

Cry Tears are coming down because I'm so thankful...

As I'm sitting here typing this message I'm crying because I'm so THANKFUL I have Rasta in my life. I am 25 years old and ever since I can remember I've been an insulin dependant diabetic(type 1). Today my sugar became dangerously low. With all the committees for my son's school, taking care of my family,etc. Basically putting everyone and their well being before mine had become second nature. I'm a nurse taking care of people is what I do . I admit I have not been the best with my eating habits...a bite here, a drink of juice there then back to whatever I thought was so important but really could have waited. My sugar became so low I couldn't walk straight I could not see(ever see a tv with really bad reception with the flurries/snow/static? THAT was my vision). My neighbor had to bring me home when she saw me fall and I'm thankful for her help when some ppl would have left me where I was. When some diabetics blood sugar level gets low some of our actions appear "drunken" and most ppl dont want to deal with that. This happened at 1 p.m. Rasta has not left me since I was brought home. Even when I had to use the bathroom . This 5 month old 2 pound yorkie that I've only had for a little over 2 months has been sitting next to me while I got my bsl back on track, ate something, and even after that is watching me like he's supposed to be my caretaker and not the other way around. I used to be one of those ppl that said a person could never have a friendship with an animal like they could a human. Mutual respect either. Today I have been proven wrong. I just wanted to share my story . Ladies please dont take your health for granted. Don't let negative feelings/comments bring you down. Don't hold a grudge pray for the person and let it go. And hug your furbabies like you've never hugged them before! Everyday is a blessing
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!