View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #8
Kataliadre
No Longer a Member

I crate mine, but they weren't enthused with it at first (I tried the suggestions here, such as putting them in for short periods while they could still see me, putting food/toys in there, etc). What worked for us was putting the crate on the night stand beside my bed so they were still right beside me. After about a week there, I moved the crate to the floor, but still right beside the bed (I'd let them see my fingers hanging down through the bars before I turned the lights off. I'd get a couple of kisses from them, then they'd lay down) I only left it there a couple of nights and then started inching it into the position I wanted it in a little at a time. It took about 3 weeks to get the crates where I wanted them but they were ok in their crates the first night. I tried to move too quickly one night and my littlest one let me know that wasn't ok! lol

I got mine at different times, so it was probably easier than it would be for you, if you're planning to crate them separately. I wouldn't have room to do that with 2 crates. But maybe you can crate them together at first? Get them used to the idea and then separate them, if they'll allow you to.
Kataliadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!