Thread: Potty training
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 06:05 AM   #1
Tammy Poling
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 019 Potty training

Hi everyone, I am considering adopting a 4 year old teacup yorkie from my ex-husband. Her name is Chloe and he got her about 8 months ago from an elderly woman who never properly potty trained her. According to my daughter who is at her dad's house every other weekend, no one ever works with Chloe on potty training and most of the time she is gated off in a bathroom and not living with the family. I was wondering if anyone has ever had to potty train a dog that is this old. I currently have two s**t Zus who are just the sweetest dogs ever and are a part of our family, they are never crated or gated off from us ( except after bathtime when they need to dry off a bit) I am hoping that if we take Chloe that she will begin to follow my girls and will go out with them to the bathroom. Am I just dreaming or does this sound feasible? I just want to take her and give her the family that she deserves, I was literally tearing up this morning as I was driving to work thinking about her being gated off from everyone. I know a little dramatic, but I just know how much my girls love being with the family and it would just kill them to be locked away from contact with people. Thanks so much for your input, any suggestions would also be appreciated.
Tammy Poling is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!