View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
tokipoki
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I was going to mention the Lotus LOL. They are pretty "wet" formulas though and the beef variety is kinda "gluey". I'm not sure what is considered mushy but most of the premium brands Toki has tried are kinda mushy or soupy. The firmest canned food I've ever fed is the ground Science Diet...it was really easy to cube up. My sister used to have a yorkie that would only eat wet/canned food if it was firm enough to be cut up into small cubes (strange dog) so that she could pick it up with her mouth. Hill's Ideal Balance canned foods are also pretty firm...they have little formed meat squares that are but could be mushed up if you wanted to. I'd definitely recommend Weruva (with the exception of the Steak-Frites...very gluey/pasty consistency) and Tiki Dog. I have fed many, many different types of canned foods but I can't really think of any ground/pate type foods that "chunk" well other than the ground SD which I know some people aren't thrilled about feeding.

And about the Dave's food. A store near me carries this brand and the owner highly recommended it but they didn't seem to have high product turnover for so I passed. I've heard good things about Dave's canned food though...I'd go ahead and continue to use it especially since you seem to be using such a small amount anyway and your pup seems to enjoy it
tokipoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!