View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 02:31 AM   #5
McheleM
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marhcarter View Post
I have a neice who is a civilian employee at Bremerton AFB in Washington State (who also has a yorkie ) who is currently in Djibouti for a year. (good $$) She is practically a newlywed and took this job for the $$. She left hubby AND yorkie at home! She is on a base and facebooks photos of herself running with the soldiers (she is a very healthy excerciser type person) and posts pics of care packages from her mom & stuff. She has never had any safety issues (that we are aware of) and seems to be enjoying her time there. She got a 2 week leave a couple of months ago & looked great. I think that turning down a steady gig like that for a loser BF (sorry, that's how I read this) is a very bad idea. I would jump at the chance to go overseas and work like that, especially for a limited time period. You can handle ANYTHING if you know when it is gonna end! Just sayin'...
See, I agree.

I would jump at the chance to travel, especially if someone else was paying for it! I had the chance to go to Haiti, and knew going in that the area was rough, and honestly, they don't treat their women very nice, but we had no issues, and never felt unsafe. The medical personnel welcomed us, and even the male drs treated us well. I delivered my first actual baby over there, with the help of a dr who spoke no English, and I spoke no French, Spanish or patois (a Spanish creole dialect spoken by many Haitians). We managed. We had security measures in place and they worked.

I agree that he's a loser, but she can't see through the bs to see it. He's better than her ex husband and that's her comparison....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!