View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
Kataliadre
No Longer a Member

Default My Rory has such a personality on her!

I've had Dallas for over a year so I've learned his personality. He's very laid back, mellow, loves to cuddle but prefers to be outside playing with the big dogs.

I'm still getting to know Rory, but it's so much fun! She's a sassy little thing. When we get up in the morning, I let her have some time alone to go potty but after that she expects cuddle time and if I'm not fast enough, she'll growl/bark at me until I give in.

She's very strict about our laundry, of all things. When the washer or dryer dings, she's here making me get up and go handle it. She'll run in a circle and bark, then run towards the laundry room and turn around to make sure I'm following. She's the same way when the phone rings. It's odd, she wants me to answer the house phone but barks at me when I talk on my cell phone! LOL

She follows me everywhere, and the rest of the family has a lot of fun teasing her. They'll hold her while I walk out of the room and try to make her stay until I get back, but she puts up quite a fight (hubby says she throws a hissy fit) until they let her go. Usually I've just gone to the bathroom but as soon as they let her go, she'll come running in there and skid to a stop in front of me. Then she waits for the toilet to flush -- that's her cue. She takes off running toward the living room (then doubles back bc I'm washing my hands). I think she's scared that I'll get lost, bc she always stays a couple of steps ahead of me and watches to make sure I'm behind her. We joke that she's saying "Come on, mommy, I know the way, just follow me!"

And the most precious thing... I work from home, so I kick back on the couch and have my lap top on me. She'll spend most of my work day curled up on my chest. She'll get up to say hello to the rest of the family when they get home, but she always comes back and snoozes on me.

I'm so happy I got her! It was awful at first with Dallas hating her, but now they'll both crawl up on me and cuddle beside each other while they're beside me. She absolutely adores him. He's not quite there yet, but he does enjoy playing with her, finally. Sometimes he's grumpy and wants to be left alone, but usually he's very patient.

Since my kids are growing up (my youngest is 16 now) they just fill a void I didn't even know I had!
Kataliadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!