View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWHouston View Post
I have THREE types of Food out for my guys 24/7.

Wellness S5 Small Bites,
Beneful Original and
Purina Soft and Meaty (they like the Hamburger best).

They all eat like little Pigs, not all the same food at the same time, and, eat Raw most days, save that I insist they catch it on their own. I take them hunting along a Bayou almost every day.

Lot of us feed only one kind of Food, and I did that several years ago. The attempt to change the Food was the catalyst which caused me to start putting down more than one kind. They just wouldn't give up on the first type, and just sit there waiting on me to put more in the bowl.

Punching my "buttons" is one of their favorite pastimes

I also give them table scraps (save that it's not so scrappy). Trimmings off of several kinds Stake (not the fatty parts) and an array of veggies that are not consumed by us. They get their own individual bowls of that. I can clearly see and understand, that they enjoy the variety.

I will offer a word of caution though...
I have four XXactive Dogs, so, the rate of consumption of food here is fairly rapid. I might not recommend this variety for someone who has fewer or just one animal. Freshness is important in what they eat. I have a small Refrigerator (just for them) which I keep most of their Food and Treats in until consumed. Then, I don't offer anything that's over two months old. The thrust of this comment being, that it's hard to find most foods, which can be purchased in small enough amounts/bags, where it can be consumed within a reasonable amount of time.

But, the overages don't go to waste...
Our resident population of Squirrels, Birds and a regular Possum visitor (who lives along the Bayou) which we've named "Sweetie", enjoy the same diet even though it's somewhat delayed.
Didn't you hear or see some of the articles linking Beneful to dog deaths and cancers?
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!