View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #8
Deb1
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimInMD View Post
Deb, at 9.5 mo. old, Tatiana may not get a whole lot bigger. She may gain a few oz. as she fills out, but I don't think she will gain significantly more. Do you? I'd start looking for a vet that specializes in extra small dog surgery. I too wanted to wait for Allie to grow more before spaying. She ended up retaining her entire set of puppy teeth. She was in pain, and couldn't eat. She topped out at exactly 2 pounds. We spayed while she was under for tooth removal. She did fine, but the vet said it was definitely considered micro surgery, and not all vets are qualified or comfortable. Also, the protocol is not the same. We kept her on iv longer to make sure the kidneys were well flushed. Hypoglycemia was also something the vet was very concerned about. Best wishes.
I am so nervous about having the surgery! I am going to wait until she is a year old before I have the spay done. She also has some baby teeth that need removed. My vet won't do a dental and spay at the same time. They say infection is greater. Thank you for the advise!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!