View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 05:13 AM   #12
Ginas_babys
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn27 View Post
Breeding and whelping is not for the squeamish or the faint hearted.
Breeding is the easy part compared to the whelping...the whelping part that's a little more complicated...and no, it's not for the squeemish lol.Bella had her pups laying right next to me on my bed, and beleive me when I say that I had no idea it could get so messy, and that was in a text book perfect scenario lol.
I got (god knows how) a huge chunk of amniotic sac in my hair, blood all over my hands (from cutting 3 cords) and my pj t-shirt got drenched with amniotic fluid.
Not only did I need a good shower afterwards, but I also did a full load of washing (towels, rags, reusable pee pads etc etc etc).

It's very messy, so I'd advise that you have a small stack of old towels (warm) some old fashioned diaper rags (they work wonderfully and are super absorbent, fantastic for drying and stimulating the new born puppy) and one of those big impermeable sheets to put under everything else (or puppy pads).
I was prepared, but even so, the whelping part is a huge strain for you emotionally...you worry the entire time and it doesnt go away even when the pups arrive either.Mine are 13 days old and I still havent had a full nights sleep As a momma, you'll worry.
Ginas_babys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!