View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #17
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie View Post
No a skin scraping was never given to me as an option. I've had her since she was born and she's always ate the same kibble, Royal Canine Yorkshire. Yes, I've throughly checked her as well and she has no fleas but she does have a small spot of rash under her left armpit. I guess I need to go back to the vet and tell them the medicines does not work and check do a skin scraping for mange or allergies?

I have 3 yorkies total. Along with having her, I also have her parents and they all eat the same food and her parents does not have any of her symptoms.

I went ahead and got benedryl creme and dabbed small amounts on her spots and will see if this will work out tomorrow.

Thanks for all your suggestions, they are wonderful advices!
I'm so surprised they didn't do a skin scraping - it only takes a minute and can quickly confirm any bacterial overgrowth on the skin. If I were you, I'd def want one. They're cheap, easy, and quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie View Post
I managed to take a few pictures but it isn't very clear. It also looks like she has bald spots but she just has thin hair like her mom.

My husband mentioned that it may be "sunburn". Squeekie (that's her name), loves to place her butt right next to the heater. These rashes never showed up in December or January when she started doing this, so I'm not really sure if its sunburn. So now I'm not turning on the heater in the mornings anymore, she's just wearing a very warm sweater.
Hmmm....to me, this appears like it could easily be pyoderma aka a staph intermedius infection. S.Intermedius is naturally on a dog's skin, however, when overgrowth occurs, infection happens....and then you want to give Simplicef, usually for 3-4 weeks.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!