View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 03:33 AM   #1
hanluem
Yorkie Talker

Default Pup with ear and eye infection on 3 types antibiotics??

Hi there. We took Tilly to the vet 2 weeks ago for "scratching at her ears" and well she did have an infection in BOTH ears. She yelped and screamed when the vet cleaned out her ears and we really struggled getting the drops in her ears at home. Things seemed to pick up until yesterday I noticed her scratching again at her ears AND gunky and swollen eyes!
So again I took her to the vets and the vet said she was a pretty poorly pup.
I felt squeemish as they cleaned out her ears this time of all greeny gloop! (she was much better behaved though I think the vet was much gentler this time.

He advised more ear drops but different strain and gave us otomax ear drops.
Then he turned attention to her eyes and concluded the infection looked like it was in the eye lids upper and under like little tiny absecess (lumpy) the breadth of the lashes (that used to be they seem to be a little balding whilst its pink and swollen. This only kicked in yesterday morning and we took her to the vet the same day it surprised us how fast it did kick in! He prescribed a course of clinagel for the eyes and to be sure also antibiotic pills Kesium 62.5mg.

This is Her on 3 antibiotics together!!! Yesterday when I took her she was still very much herself today she seems to feel so sorry for herself. The vet said her eyes may look worse before they look better (but it looks much the same) and seem surprised she was still hyper at home like he was expecting her to be down.
She is eating and drinking but as for playing - not really she just wants to cuddle up with us and look pitiful. Although she is alert.

I asked if it was anything we were doing wrong and he said no its more likely because she was hand reared with the breeder she hasnt been able to build up antibodies from mothers milk and may be more susceptible to infections until she has built up some immunities of her own.

Anyone else been in this situation? And of course because she had the ear infection the insurance policy were quick to void ear or skin problems from our policey thereafter. Any tips to make her feel just a little less sorry for herself?
hanluem is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!