View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
Ginas_babys
BANNED!

She could be having a false pregnancy, but, her not showing much doesnt mean she´s not pregnant either This is Bella about 10 days before having 3 puppies and acording to my vet, the pups werent small either (I have no idea what the standard yorkie birth weight is so I´m just telling you what my vet told me):

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/s...psa7c5cc53.jpg

She just looked chunky, she never had a bulging belly that hung down or anything.I have been around pregnant yorkies before, so I was waiting for that protuding belly that you could actually see, but with Bella, you had to feel her to realise that she was pregnant.
I felt 2 "lumps" too (at around 6 weeks? I´d have to look back on that post to be sure), and they seemed to emerge and disapeer too.But by around 7+ weeks we could feel light movement, then rolls etc.We were told there were only 2 pups.
I know now that all dogs carry differently and some don´t have huge hard bellies..Bella didnt

Same goes for everything really.Bella didnt have any pregnancy symptoms (exept for vaginal discharge), her appetite was pretty low the entire time (still is and she´s feeding her pups!), and even her labour threw me through a hoop, because I was expecting certain phases of labour, certain signs that obviously happened but she kept them to herself, so by the time we could actually see she was in labour, 15 minutes later the first pup was born

With all this, what I´m saying is, unless you have an x-ray done, you are basiclly just going to be guessing, and that is so nerve racking.
I´d ask for an x-ray and get rid of any shadow of doubt so that you know what to expect.It will make things alot easier for you when the birth comes around
Ginas_babys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!