View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Tibbe had a tiny amount of blood when he had diarrhea a while back and it scared me but as it was that one spot, he had been to the vet day before, was being treated with medication the vet gave him, it wasn't black, tarry or profuse or continuing, I tried not to panic but did call the vet. She told me it was just one of those things that happens from an acute spot of irritation in the lower bowel and a few capillaries bleeding, not to worry. I knew that but had to call. It's still worrying until you know it's stopped and your dog is okay again. I'd seen a lot of posts on YT about this kind of bleeding, too, so that helped, knowing that a bit of bleeding can often be expected at times of upset and diarrhea and knew to get him to the vet if the nature of it changed, and to the ER vet if the amount increased quite a bit, thanks to this site.

Hope your little one feels better soon.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!