View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #12
Sunnydayz
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBe View Post
Breeders really do this? That is unreal, how sick.

Yes they actually do. My vet educated me that their is no such thing as a micro or teacup breed. What these breeders do, is keep the runts of litters, then breed the runts together, take them from their mommies very early on, controlling how much nutrients they get, to stunt their growth forever. It all really makes me so sick, and I don't know how they sleep at night.

In a sense I guess it was a blessing she did not succeed, even though he had to almost die to escape that fate, he is now right on track to be of standard size :-)

My vet says she has seen this so often, and most don't make it through once they get to the point Gizmo had gotten. I am just so thankful that sick woman panicked, and I was able to get him to the vet on time. I also found out he was possibly breed with a standard black/tan yorkie and a parti yorkie. That is why he has a bit of white on the ends of each foot. In the pic I just posted, there looks like white near his chin, but it was the way the camera flashed that made his chin look so light, it's actually a gold color :-)

They seriously need to go after these people that starve these puppies the way they do and prosecute them !!!! I only had a phone number to give when I filed a report with animal control as she had me meet her where I did not know where she lived, and gave me a fake name, it's what these people do. I will forever be in debt to my neighbor who told me about the pup, so I was able to rescue him from a certain death. I don't think anyone else would gave handed over the $400 to get him out of her hands, which to me the money didn't matter, I just wanted to save him. I literally cried the whole way to the vets thinking he would die before I got him there, that was how bad he was :-(

Thankfully I haves wonderful vet, who cared as much as I did about saving his life XOXO

Last edited by Sunnydayz; 10-08-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Sunnydayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!