View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 019 Got Turbo's NutriScan Test Kit!

Going to send it out today, hope I did it right & there's enough saliva. I should just go see Dr. Dodds w/Turbo...she's not too far away from us. Very excited to see the results, it will be a long 2 weeks!
DSCN1652.jpgDSCN1653.jpgDSCN1655.jpg

Turbo has had a history of throwing yellow bile, sometimes bile & food & sometimes just food. I thought he might be hungry, so I gave them all a fruitables snack b4 bedtime & sometimes during the mid afternoon as a snack. But Turbo always threw up very early in the morning or b4 I gave them breakfast. I couldn't figure out why he was throwing up so much, sometimes 2-3 x's a day.

I had his Bile Acids Tested (BATs), Urinalysis to check for Diabetes, complete blood panel, even had him on antacid meds like pepcid a/c & prescription meds too. Nothing worked & all his tests came back normal.

It turned out that he was allergic to something in the fruitables, the pumpkin! Whenever I gave it to him, he threw up. I stopped giving it to him, he stopped throwing up! I googled & learned that dogs throw up when they're intolerant of a certain food. They're lacking the enzyme to digest the food properly. Since then, I've learned that Turbo is also intolerant of Beef, possibly Chicken & Eggs, maybe Venison too. It makes him throw up. He also scratches his face in the same exact spots. Right under his chin & around his muzzle area close to his nose, underbelly & front paw licking. He doesn't have yeast issues like his sister Princess, since he's never been on an antibiotic.

I knew there was allergy blood testing for pets, but was wondering if they have some sort of testing for food intolerance...& Wanda posted this: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yor...vity-test.html
Thank you Wanda!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!