View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
Sunnydayz
YT 500 Club Member

Default Gizmo The Amazing Survivor And Thriver :-)

So Gizmo for those that don't remember his story, was rescued by me at nine weeks, with only a few hours of survival left in him. He had been starved by a BYB to stunt his growth so she could try to sell him as a micro yorkie. When he went into hypoglycemic shock, on his way into a coma, she decided to try and hurry to sell him before he died. By the time I got him to the vet after getting him, approx. 20 mins later, he was down and floppy, they could not wake him up, but thanks to them not giving up, they brought him out of the coma he was going into.

I have had him now for seven weeks, and after nursing him back to health with a lot of time, energy, care, and vet visits, I'm happy to say HE WEIGHS 3lbs 9ozs !!!!!!!! It's so hard to believe he was only 1 lb 4ozs when I saved him. It's so rewarding to be loved by this little fighter, and he's very good sized now for being 4 months old :-) I love him so so much, he has the biggest heart I've ever seen and so much spirit XOXO

He just had his last round of shots today and his vet said he's good for a year YAY GIZMO:-) of course he will be going sooner then that because I will have him neutered at 6 months:-)

So how long do I wait from his last shots today to take him for walks? We've been practicing in our courtyard with his one of many buddy. Belts he will be getting, and he's a pro :-) I just need to know how long to wait because I forgot to ask the vet. I keep thinking its either 1 or 2 weeks.

Thank you to all here, you really helped me so much getting little Gizmo through his ordeal and I am forever thankful. Will post some new pics and video soon :-)

Last edited by Sunnydayz; 10-07-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Sunnydayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!