View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
...His 'Special' food is when you eat 'together'.... the preferred option!

My guess, too. There is the 'special ritual'...the bowl in the kitchen is 'always there'...but not the 'special ritual' which is highly interactive between you and Tibbe.

At my house, when we are all in the living room, my kids will not go to the kitchen to get water, even though there are 3 water dishes in there. They will not go and graze kibble there either. They will 'tell' me that the little dish in the living room is empty, and I will fill it, and they will guzzle it down like they've been in the desert a week. I swear they would turn to dust if forced to walk into the kitchen for water without me going along, too. LOL

But, when we are in the kitchen...together...they will drink from the dishes, and graze kibble from the bowls. However, since they 'know' we all eat dinner together, too, they won't eat until 'dinner time' either...unless Mommy or Daddy snacks and 'shares' with them...and they patiently wait for their 'share' of the treat.

They, like us, are 'creatures of habit' to a good extent, also, and subliminal (soft/passive) training is very effective. Training by using 'the force of habit' is very ingraining, and I am reminded at every bath time because I bathe all 3 together in the shower. They love the rain head! But, when the baths are done, there is 'an order' that they keep, because I started the order with just Brody and Mia and have continued it. I pick them up in a certain order, wrap each in their 'special' towel, and they 'know' what the order is, and voluntarily 'line themselves up' waiting for their specific turn. They don't flee the shower when the door opens...they just 'get in their proper pick-up position' and stand and wait while Mommy dries her feet, puts on her shoes, and gets their towels ready. Mia is always first...she and the others know it...and Brody is last because he is the most cooperative and steady...easy to pick up when I am already carrying 2 other Yorkies. Brody 'helps' me pick him up...he 'leaps' onto my hand...seriously...always has! LOL

I think Tibbe is very smart, loves his Mommy sooooo much, loves his 'special interaction' with his Mommy, and that is just soooo cute...just like him!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!