View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #13
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Wow, totally unbelievable that anyone would take this baby away from its mother at such a ridiculously young age. I've seen stories where others where young but this is the youngest I've every heard of. Its very sad !

Its very important that you get this baby eating and drinking. At this age he should still be nursing and with no teeth he's too young to be on hard kibble and should not be on 100% cows milk. He should slowly being introduces to semi solid foods. Find a good puppy gruel recipe and start him on that. It should be mixed to a smoothie type consistence and than made thicker each week til about the age of 6-7 weeks. You'll be amazed how he will dive right in, than slowly introduce him to moistened kibble using a good puppy kibble. Plus goats milk mixed with 50% water would be better but 100% water would be best.

Here is my puppy gruel recipe: Serve warm

1/2 can puppy food
1 can carnation condensed milk
1 cup ground puppy kibble
add water if needed for proper consistency.

Mix to smoothie const. using food processor or blender. Store unused portion in refrigerator and heat as needed. Some breeders will add a raw egg or even yogurt. That is optional.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!