View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #8
r2square
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
I agree that a while egg is a lot for a little dog. Was she tested for pancreatitis? Many times when a small dog eats something with too much fat it can set off an attack.

If your daycare is allowing your little one to eat food other than her own you may need to look for another daycare. If she is not being supervised it could lead to other problems.

Fruit other than raisins and grapes usually are pretty safe. Just remember to give small amounts as you don't want the added fruit to interfere with her getting the nutrition from her regular food.

Fatty foods are a big NO for dogs. They do not have the ability to digest them properly and can have some serious side effects. Same with sugars and salt.
She was negative for pancreatitis. She doesn't get anything fatty other than the egg. I only started giving her egg after I read on YT that is was safe for them. I didn't realize that the whole egg was too much. She won't be getting any at all now... it just isn't worth the risk. I would never give raisins or grapes. I have given her blueberries, but the tech also said not to give her any fruit peel and he considered blueberries in that category.
Her daycare said that they only feed the dogs in their crates and she isn't allowed in other dog's crates. I always send her own food and that is all they give her. I just can't figure out where she got something she doesn't usually get. Unless the GI upset wasn't actually from something she ate. The daycare also said they haven't had any reports of illness, and I did notify them about Nala.... hope she didn't make any other dogs sick.
Thank you so much for the information. I'm glad I asked for opinions about eggs. She hasn't had any egg since last weekend though, so I'm sure that is not what caused her vomiting. She is much better today without any vomiting at all. She ate a very small amount of chicken a couple of hours ago and so far it has stayed down.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!