View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

My dear, you have literally jumped into the deep end of a pool, then remembered you have no idea how to swim.....Unfortunately, the USDA or PETA or the Humane Society, who claim to be so concerned about how puppies are being bred, cared for, nurtured, and sold, will be of no help for you, as they are not concerned nor actively attempting to prevent horrific, tragic events such as this 3 week old infant that is not even ready to be away from his momma for several hours at a time, let alone peddled to the public at a flea market or garage sale or parking lot. That said, Royal Canin Starter Mousse is highly recommended to feed this puppy, who is not even weaned correctly at this stage!
You may need to feed the mousse by hand, letting him lick it from your fingers....feed from a saucer or flat plate....he is just learning how to lick stuff up, he doesnt know about taking bitefuls from a bowl. You can take Royal Canin Puppy Kibble, and soften it even more with a little warm puppy formula....get the recepie from the breeders section on this site.....that formula, which is made up of Just Born, Peidalyte, Vi-Daylin baby vitamins, Karo syrup and raw egg yolk, will provide him the sugar and electrolytes he needs....do NOT give cows milk....they can digest cows milk.....you can also give goats milk with all the ingredients added above instead of using Just Born Puppy milk....warm it up a little and he will enjoy it more...soak the kibble in that....you can put a couple tablespoonfuls over the mousse in a little saucer....he will lick the mousse and get some of the formula....You also need to be reading "Yorkies for Dummies" and "Yorkshire Terriers: A Smart Owners Guide"....these two books will give you an idea of just what you have jumped into.....I wish I could get my han....let me rephrase this....I wish I could meet the "breeder" that sold you this unfortunate little soul....this person, in MY mind, is public enemy #1.....this person has taken advantage of YOU and is endangering that puppys life.....THAT is animal abuse, in my opinion. Maybe one day, PETA and the Humane Society and the SPCA will actually realize where they NEED to be patrolling and what they really NEED to be doing to stop this type of thing from happening. Until then, I just shake my head and cry over the loss of life that results from this animal abuse.....God bless this poor tiny soul, who thru no fault of his own, has been peddled at a flea market.....help this new owner learn what she needs to keep this baby alive and help it mature into a well balanced adult in sopite of such a horrific start in life....

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 10-05-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!