View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 04:10 AM   #1
r2square
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Opinions please!

I took Nala to the vet yesterday for vomiting. He said he suspects just GI upset from something she ate. Her recent lab work was all good, so he wasn't overly concerned just yet. She had been to daycare the two days prior to getting sick so she may have eaten another dog's food. He gave her a shot and some anti-nausea pills to take at home PRN and we will see how she does this weekend. So far she is much better today. Poor little girl is hungry though. He doesn't want her to eat until later today. I heard a crunch.... she found some hidden kibble in one of her many beds. Now I know why she hides her food.
Anyway, before we saw the vet the tech was asking what she had eaten in the past 24 hrs and when I told him steamed carrots he wanted to know what human food I feed her. She gets a poached egg on Saturday and Sunday mornings, steamed and raw vegies, banana, apples and a few other fruits. He told me eggs were bad for her because it was too much cholesterol for a dog her size...4.5 lbs. He also said bananas have too much potassium for her and that she shouldn't have any amount of banana ever. This makes me sad because those are two of her favorite things and she can hear an egg crack from next door and smell a banana from a mile away. I felt like I was only feeding her things that were good for her, but now I'm not sure. I planned on asking the vet but before he saw Nala there was an emergency with a dog hit by a car and I was a bit distracted thinking about the poor dog and it's family. Opinions on eggs and bananas for Nala please??
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!