View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #10
Lolli_lah
YT Addict

I posted before you others had replied but forgot to hit "post" haha oh well.

He didn't say crate rest specifically but just to limit it a lot. So I will try to limit it much more. He said to keep her off slick floors. I am going to move her water to another area, we have a giant bathroom in the master bath and there's a whole area for her to have water at night when she's locked in here with us, but since that floor is slick I'll move it to the bedroom someplace instead. I'll keep her in here with me, my computer is in here which is also where I work. She really has not been roaming around the house much anyway though, so maybe I won't need to keep the door shut (it gets really warm) but just make sure I tell her to stay. Here with me.

I do have a question perhaps someone can help me on. The vet showed me how to pick her up more proper, so as to support her back. I live on 3rd floor apartment so I have to carry her down the steps. My bf is usually the one to carry her, he's super tall and good on his feet. I'm chubby and clumsy so I've been weary to be the one to carry her. But he is dog-sitting his parents' doggie this weekend. Can someone help me on how I could maybe hold her comfortably and not risking her back?

The thing is. I lost over 100 lbs this year, and I have a lot of arm flap. And I can't get her back to be flat under my arm like the vet showed, because of that. And today when I was carrying her how it is comfortable for me to where I feel I won't trip with the odd weight of carrying her like that, I thought I heard her whine just very faint but I'm not 100% sure because I live in a noisy area.

I feel so weird saying that lol but I don't want to hurt her worse or be the one preventing her from recovering because of my inability!

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 10-05-2013 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Removed portion of post
Lolli_lah is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!