View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
MandiesMom
and Shelby's too
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
First you need to take a deep breath. Luxating patella is not the end of the world. In my mind the spinal issue is the priority right now. Keep her on crate rest and yes, medicate her for pain but only with Tramadol. Don't use anything like Rimadyl or Metacam with her being on prednisone because she could bleed.

There are some ways to get funding for vetting. The one that I hear the best results with is IMOM Home
There is a lengthy list of other organizations here: Having Trouble Affording Veterinary Care? : The Humane Society of the United States

Grade 3 LP does not always need surgery. She is older and the surgeon I use does not repair them unless they are really an issue and causing pain. Temporary pain like you are describing sometimes will ease up. If she has torn a ligament that could be a different issue, but for right now, I personally would let her rest .. and look into funding help. Perhaps you will qualify!

Keep us posted! I will keep her and you in my thoughts and prayers.
I was on this screen for since you posted until right now because I wanted to post that list that Linda just posted. Then, work called me away until now. Look into that ok?

You are NOT a bad mama!! You are a fantastic mama! You spared that lady from a horrid life and you love her so much that you are crying. Don't you EVER think you are not a good mama to Lolli. You are great!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!