View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
Lolli_lah
YT Addict

Rain In tears with worry..

So I posted before about Lolli's herniated disc. She's better from that and we are still on the prednisone. It's only been 4 days since that vet visit so she's definitely on activity restriction still.

It keeps rolling through my mind all the things she is going through. Lolli is 11 years old now. I got her when she was 7. I can't believe it's been that long already. I love her so, so much. I can't get it out of my head about her suffering and me unable to help if it's something that I could be doing but just unable to afford.

But now Lolli is showing symptoms of her Stage 3 luxating patella. She will walk fine but she's starting to hold her leg up and I never seen her do this before. I know what the problem is, because she's diagnosed from the vet with patella already and the symptoms match.

But what do I do? I don't live near an orthopedic surgeon and even if I did, I'm in such a horrible tough spot right now. I can't afford that kind of thing. My credit sucks, CareCredit won't accept me. I'm even crying writing this. I don't know what to do. I have pain medication for her, Tramadol. I am going to start administering this because I don't want her to be in pain. But what else should I do?

Please don't tell me how much I suck as a doggie parent. I already know. I just wanted to save her from her having to be a breeder her whole life and have some little baby to love. I thought I'd be at a better place with $ by now. But my job, I love it. But I don't get paid a lot. I have family, but none that are capable of helping either.

What could I do? To help her, if/when she needs help?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!