View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Welcome to Yorkie Talk. Congratulations on bringing your puppy home this weekend.

Great advice above. Here is an article in the YT library for new puppy parents: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/pup...w-parents.html

When I brought Max home at 12 weeks, he would not drink any water for hours. I discovered that he didn't want to drink out of the plastic travel bowls. As soon as I offered him water out of a stainless steel dish, he lapped it up. I had to handfeed his kibble to him for his first year, haha.

Puppy-proof your home -- put potted plants out of reach and where their leaves can't fall to the floor. As Magnus suggested, look at the lists of poisonous things, especially foods. Put everything that can be swallowed out of reach. Make sure electrical cords cannot be accessed and chewed.

An xpen and crate are very useful for when you can't supervise closely.

I piddle pad trained, and later added outdoors. Wait until your puppy has had all of the puppy shots.

Have your vet's number and emergency vet's number handy. Take your puppy for a wellness check within 48 hours.

Best wishes!

Last edited by Maximo; 10-03-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!