View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
Roccosmommy
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexxa View Post
Our yorkie- Leo is 3.5 months old and even should have been pure breed yorkie doesn't look to me like it. He is 8lbs already and still growing. This didn't ring any bells that he may be to big for his age until recent vistit to vet when I was warned that we may end up with 15-20lbs yorkie. He was chubby puppy so I thought he will loose all this baby fat and will be fine....
First off, if he's only 3.5 months old, he is STILL a puppy, and will still have his "baby fat'. There are plenty of purebred yorkies that get to be 15+ pounds, so don't worry about that, just love what he becomes as long as he is a healthy weight for his build.

Also, what type of food are you feeding him? Some dog foods have too much filler and not enough protein that leaves a pup hungry sooner that he should be. Also, rather than just feeding him more kibble, keep him full with healthy snacks like frozen peas, green beans, or carrots. Use these treats as training rewards and they will do double duty.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!