View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
Alexxa
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Aaaaa! Please help! My yorkie is like hoover!

At first would like to say hi to everyone here as is my first post. I have been reading some of great post here on forum for some time and learned a lot from them

Until now reading anwsered most of my questions... until now

Our yorkie- Leo is 3.5 months old and even should have been pure breed yorkie doesn't look to me like it. He is 8lbs already and still growing. This didn't ring any bells that he may be to big for his age until recent vistit to vet when I was warned that we may end up with 15-20lbs yorkie. He was chubby puppy so I thought he will loose all this baby fat and will be fine....
From beginning we have an issue with food. He is constantly hungry. And I mean it! Would eat anything that stand on his way!
He ate all plants and grass in our 50 yard garden, then moved to soil and even stones All insects, snails, slugs, and other yucky things...

He was getting 1/2 cup of dry food and was costatnty eating something he shouldn't and begging for more was unbearable. One evening I was cooking and he was as usually begging for food, went to toilet for 1 minute. On my return I found him chewing on pot from mouse poison wchich he found somewhere under kitchen cabinets. We are renting, didin't even know that front panels can be moved not to think about anything like some poison under. So... I didn't know if he ate any and if there was anything there (and as I know him I thought that he had hoovered it within 5 sec) went to vet where he had injection to induce vomiting. I was terrified!

3 weeks ago (when I found out how much he does really weight started to give him 1 full cup a day and still wasn't enough. So we went to vet again yesterday and been told to give him today as much as he can eat, so we know what his portion should look like.

Well... I don't think this went according to plan. He ate 5 full cups of dry food today (yes, that much!) so 10 days worth of food for average yorkie of his age!. After 5th cup we decided not to give him anymore as this could actually harm him. But he was still looking for more all day long, even he was barely able to move from his full belly for half day.

Did any of you had any problem like that?
I am so exhausted of him just eating all day long and watching his every step just in case he eat something like shoes or carpet.

I know, he is a puppy and I know that puppies chew on things... This is 3rd puppy I ever had. Leo would shovel shoes for dinner not chew on them for a pleasure of chewing!

His eating is dangerous and I started to worry that will eventually harm him (beside that he is already fat).

Any suggestions would be hight appreciated before I pull all my hair

P.S. Sorry for long vent
Alexxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!