View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #11
danniko
YT Addict

Her surgery finished today around 1pm and from the sounds of things she is doing fine. The surgery was more than expected. At first they thought theyjust had to make grooves for her, but then one knee cap still wasn't sitting in there properly so they shaved the bone and used pins in it (I will have better detail when we go to the office). She was awake and looking around and trying to sit up, but now (7pm) she is curled up and asleep, sniffed her food but wouldn't eat it and is being a rockstar with the icing and movements they are doing with her (not even making a peep).

We have decided to keep her there tonight and then push for her coming home tomorrow evening when the vet calls us in the morning. Someone will be with her until 10pm and then they will be back in around 7am...I asked our vet about it and she said that she is on strong painkillers and still will be sleeping off the anesthetic that they will put a cone on her and let her sleep. I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I am not in a position mentally tonight and believe it or not being alone at the vet's office is safer than being here with me. I know I will not be awake for much longer and my husband leaves for work at 10pm and works all night...I am also more than half deaf, so being alone with her when I am exhausted (11 hours of sleep since Thursday and I haven't been asleep since 11am yesterday) and won't hear her if she needs anything is just as scary to us. I really know she should be home, but I will not be safe for her to be with alone tonight and that kills me.

But on the plus side, she made it through the firs hurdle and survived anesthetic!
danniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!