Thread: Squirt Bottles
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #12
Holly_Wood
Senior Yorkie Talker

My little 4and half month old munchkin has start a REALLY annoying barking routine when she hears a noise outside, when someone comes into the apartment ... she's even started doing it when I come in .... if she's sleeping and hears a strange noise (sometimes its the ice maker making ice in the freezer or the hot water gas thermostat turning on or off) ... I seriously think its louder than our Labrador and its ear piercing ... we correct her straight away .. the word "enough" used to work ... now I have to make some contact with her to avert her attention ... I do the Ceaser Millan method of a quick jab in her flank and do the tttshhh!! noise and she stops and then have her attention and can then correct her with "enough" if she tries to get the last bark in (as these little stinkers seam to want to do)

I'm wondering if a squirt bottle may be more effective in getting her attention quicker ... I'm still recovering from a heart attack and sometime move pretty slow .... the pennies in a can sounds like a good tool for getting her attention quickly as well ... one of my friends has a Maltese and 2 dashounds and sometimes they all gang up with the barking thing .. she bought an air pressured bottle/can kind of thing from the pet store that's designed to release air very quickly and makes a loud pppssshhh... kind of noise ... this works for her and was thinking about getting one of them too
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!