View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 02:29 AM   #1
Ginas_babys
BANNED!

Default How to potty train a big dog when you have potty pads...

Ok, so Layla (yes, she has learned her name so that´s what I call her now) owners havent shown up.
I actually had to remove her facebook poster (which clearly said "DOG FOUND") because dozens of people phoned me over the weekend wanting to keep her.My husband has visited our two local vet clinics and told them we have her just incase someone asks (without using a poster because just anyone phones) and we have also told the shelter I used to volunteer at, even though it is an hour away..but someone could still ask in there too.

Anyhoo, I don´t know how long she´ll be here or if she´ll leave at all, and she´s SUCH a doll!!!
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps13a2271b.jpg

I don´t want to get too attached, but I don´t want to be totally detached either because she deserves to be loved on, so I may as well treat her as though she´s mine and start with the potty training.

So, how do I do this? She´s a BIG puppy! (She weighs what Milo and Bella weigh together + some more lol) so pads are not an option.But when she comes inside the house, how do I help her understand that only she can´t use the pee pads??
I want her to go outside..but how do I do that?? I am so completely lost now, because mine do great on the pads but I can´t have a huge puppy using them too! lol.
Ginas_babys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!