View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #13
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemommy2013 View Post
I have somewhat of a similar situation. Teddy is our rescue Yorkie we adopted in August. The last few weeks he barks at everything. When my daughter comes out of her room he barks at her, if he hears the door bell on TV he barks, out in the yard if he sees or hears the neighbors he is non stop barking, when all is quiet at home he jumps out and barks all around the house. As I write this he is outside barking because my neighbor is mowing the lawn...after a while it's just annoying and exhausting. I love my Teddy and want to help him. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I love what I have read thus far and can certainly relate :-)
Last month August or a year ago August? Either way, the same type obedience training program, plenty of exercise and challenging games will help your dog to learn to bond with you, learn to mind you while controlling his impulses and learn that pleasing you makes both of you happiest. Teaching a dog to bark on command and then to go quiet on command can work, in conjunction with a good rehab program outlined above, will almost immediately help the dog control the barking early on. Usually barking is done for many reasons - boredom, loneliness, anxiety, fear, social uncertainty and just something to do like smoking a cigarette or playing a video game. So getting a dog that behaves and wants to listen to your requests ASAP is what you want and training, life enrichment and exercise can all work together to bring about a well-behaved dog that obeys you and rarely acts up. Once your dog is satisfied with enough exercise, an interesting life and a relationship with you, the barking will cease to be a problem. Well-trained, busy, happy dogs just don't bark like that so work toward creating a new pet using the above suggestions will give you the pet you want.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!