View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 05:47 AM   #2
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Aw hon, I hear you and understand all your feelings - and they're all normal, I can assure you! It's SO scary to put these little kiddos through anything, and to put them under...it just causes such worry and fear of the unknown.

But, you ARE doing the right thing here, you truly are. Your kiddo needs the surgery, and it's better to just get it done now before the knees get even worse. You will be so happy you got the surgery, believe me! It's just the waiting and wondering that's the hardest part. Well, and bringing them home is tough too - to see them like that after surgery, I will admit it's tough.

My Wylie had LP surgery about exactly 1 year ago when he was 8 - and we too did both knees at the same time - and we're so glad we did! It was tough those first several days bc he was in the bandages and it was scary and you have to help them pee/poo and everything. But then he just started snapping right back, it was amazing. Just healing and getting more and more mobile every day, until at one point we had to start making sure he wasn't TOO active bc you really have to be careful about that. Today, a year later - you wouldn't know he ever had knee surgery - not a limp or hitch or hop to be seen on him.

Sophie sounds like such a special little girl - helping your Mom through hospice, and now being your little lovebug too, and helping you through some tough times. What a little angel. We don't have kids either - so our 3 furbutts are definitely the loves and lights of our lives! We love them to no end.

Hang in there, and just know your feelings are normal and they're all okay to have. We're here for you, and many of us understand *exactly* what you're feeling. Lot of hugs to you!!!!

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!