View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Love ***What's Your Yorkie's Very Favorite Spot?***

It's no secret in this house. It's Tibbe's Grand Obsession. Tibbe ever lives to get to his favorite "spot". He will come up to kiss me, cuddle with me, play, etc., but is soon eyeing his spot. He angles for it at all times. Several times a day when I'm home and lolling about on the couch on the computer or watching TV, he'll come for his cuddle sessions and before you know it, he's in his spot and sighing in happiness. If I leave the room, he's gotten in his spot when I return. I don't mind he's got such a favorite spot in the world but it's oddly one where there is little room for him! Where is it?

His favorite place in the whole world to be is on whatever pillow I'm leaning on or sleeping on, either in the den on the couch or on the bed. He is happiest in the world to get to just the smallest amount of space that is left on the pillow that I'm using. I have large couch throw pillows and when leaning back or lying down watching TV, Tibbe is soon right there beside me on what is left of the pillow! Same in the bed. I mean my pillows are just normal-sized in the bedroom but he's got to share no matter. It's a very tight fit without much room for BOTH of us but he absolutely insists on being there. In order to fit well if my head is on the pillow, it means his butt is absolutely right up against my head/face. He's always trying to get there and so very determined he'll try it several times a day. When I'm sitting up on the couch or in bed and the pillows are angled upward to fit as support behind my back, this really presents a problem in that he has to mount up to the top edge of the pillow to place his body but he still does it - so determined is he to share the very spot I'm on no matter what! If I leave the room and come back, he's still there on his end of the pillow and struggles to stay there as I lie back against it and he doesn't give way without a fight. I get so hot sometimes in the summer I have to move him after a while which he does grudgingly but before you know it, he's baaaack. As long as I've had him, it's been this way - he's got to be sharing his end of my pillow or else.

I get so tickled at all his antics to try to fool me into moving over enough to give him space if I'm covering more than just one end of the pillow and he will even lay part of his behind up on my head to get on the pillow if I don't move over! He's walked across my face to get to his spot. Other times he will have to actually sleep with his bottom up on the upper edge of it and his upper body going down the pillow or vice-versa in order to fit on the space but he manages! It is just hilarious that it matters that much to him that he would go through what he does to get in his favorite spot. When he achieves it, he always lets out the biggest sigh in the world and at times will soon turn around and give me a little kind of "thank you" kiss, even though he almost falls off the pillow doing it. Then he has to re-position himself back on his part of the pillow and he watches TV or sleeps, happy as a clam! I've had many dogs in this house but never one so darned determined to share my pillow!!!!!!! Its an obsession I've never seen before.

What about you all? Do you have any babies that have an absolutely favorite spot they seem to love beyond measure and will do just about anything to get to and stay in it?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!