View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Welcome to Yorkie Talk. It is possible your female is pregnant but the signs of a false pregnancy are about the same as if she is pregnant. What did you mean when you said the vet said 'wait one more time'? He should of been able to tell if she was pregnant by palpating her.

Usually by the time the female is 5 to 6 weeks pregnant they will start getting a big belly. How old is the male and your female? Since she is a big girl then it might take her longer to show if she is pregnant.

If you never actually saw the male tie the female then it is possible she is not pregnant.

FYI, you should never leave a male and female together to breed on their own. It can be very dangerous for the male, especially if the male is a lot smaller than the female.

Please keep us posted on if she is pregnant or not. There is so much to learn about whelping and raising a litter of puppies.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!