View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #7
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post

When you call Milo to come, make sure you aren't doing it just for "undesirable" things like grooming, for instance. Practice calling him and when he comes to you, praise and give him a quick pat on the back, or little scratch on the chest, whatever he likes. Then let him go on his way.

Max is an adult and still sort of like Milo. He will come, but stand off a few feet to try to determine what I want him for. I crouch down and coax him to come to me. No matter what I want him for, I start with a little petting and loving.

Teddy is a good boy and comes to me no matter what.
That a good one Kristin . . Mine come to me on command about 98% of the time. But for some reason when the kids or DHs call Ruby she goes into Stewart from Saturday Night Live mode. "I don't wanna" It is the funnies thing to watch. She takes her good old sweet time getting to them a few inches at a time and usefully will end up flat on her back about three or four times before getting to them. Or if its Quincy and he sees the grooming kit her runs for his bed and I have to coast him out.

There are some techniques that I use to train my pups that may help you with your pup. You can find them on my web site at: www.dawnsyorkies.weebly.com/training-tips

Good Luck !
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!