View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
hanluem
Yorkie Talker

Default housebreaking after puppy pads. HELP!

Hi there.

Wondring if anybody has any tips for me. I housetrained Tilly now 14 weeks to puppy pads and she was doing brilliant!
We initially used the puppy pads in the house because she was so small - then because anything not concreted down goes in her mouth and for such a small dog its too easy to miss things she is picking up. After going over the garden with a fine tooth comb eradicating all small stones/ grass growing between slabs, soil etc etc we were finally ready for her to go outside.

She had other ideas! Whilst she LOVES being outside she will not pee outside at all. I waited for her to have a super long afternoon nap today put on her harness and lead and took her into the garden.. She had a play, then as she became more uncomfortable obviously bursting for a pee she started to pine and shiver like she does sometimes, - I Thought if I just kept her out there with me eventually she would have to pee... NO - so I took out a puppy pad - No luck, so I took one already weed on out... still no luck- so I let our older dog out to pee in hope she might copy- no!
After an hour and a half I gave up and brought her in - she ran straight to her pee pad and peed ..

Any tips to get her to transition to peeing outside?
hanluem is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!