View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #15
Verbena
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginas_babys View Post
This!
The fact that there are people out there purposely breeding mixes and making money is appalling!
As I said, here, people do not charge for mixes.
I have 4 big outside dogs (I live on a farm and we need guard dogs) and they are ALL mixes.I didnt have to pay for any of them.I got two from a shelter and 2 weīre being given away.They are fantastic dogs! AMAZING pets! But I would never pay for a mix so that the person who bred them would be encouraged to do it again.

I donīt care if the mix is adorable, I donīt care weather itīs one of those "a la carte" mixes where the "breeder" puts a yorkie and a maltese together and gives it a cute little sub breed name - a mix is a mix.They canīt be registered, the outcome is unpredictable and as a rule, no one breeding mutts has any kind of testing done..then, not to mention that 90% of them end up in shelters.

Could you go to a shelter and find one there? Iīm sure youīll find one that you like and they are always such greatful dogs
It is crazy that they call them designer dogs and charge a lt of money for them. The shelters are full of designer dogs !
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!