View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #12
Ginas_babys
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiefromnj View Post
If a dog looks as adorable as the one posted here why wouldn't a person want to sell it?
Just because something is adorable, it doesnt mean the owner can take advantage and charge you the same amount of money as a pure bred pup.What will it look like? What traits will it have? What health problems could it have? (yorkie or maltese?) Did the same efford go into this breeding as it would have if they were purebred? (the testing of the parents, vet care etc etc) Rarely if at all!
I got my 2 yorkies (purebred, wonderful lines, health garantees, paperwork etc) for 400€ the pair (thatīs about $450), so I canīt see how 200€ (about $250) is ok for a mix.
ALL puppies are adorable, I havent seen one that isnt But that doesnt mean you can slap a price on it just because itīs going to make people go "awwwww!".A mix is a mix, it doesnt matter how many breeds go into it or what they are, itīs still a mutt once they cross, and I personally donīt think anyone should be charged for one or that they should be breed on purpose.There are just too many for me to think itīs fabulous.
Also, just because a breeder says "this is a yorkie-poo" or "this is a Morkie", it doesnt make them a special new desirable sub-breed that they can make a profit from...at least not the way I see it.
Adorable? YES!

Quote:
It's not like there were no expenses to its birth etc.
Not always true.Do you know how many people put two different breeds together and then donīt even visit a vet? Especially here in Europe.
99% of mix breeds here come from bitches who arent up to date on their shots, havent seen a vet in a LONG time and who never get treated any different than if they werent pregnant.ALOT of these so called "breeders" put nothing into it...not a penny or a thought.Itīs like winning the lottery! Nothing goes in and money comes out.
Mixed puppies often go home without any shots or deworming too.

Quote:
I get the idea that people want to keep the breed pure etc, but so many people on here spay there purebreds anyway, and many of the non-mixes aren't up to standards, so what's the difference?
This isnt about keeping yorkie lines "pure" This is about not helping the people who purposely breed mutts to make a profit and to carry on filling our shelters.YOu can certainly find mix breeds pups in the shelters here in Europe (the OP is from Europe - he said the dog costs euros).I volunteered in one a while ago and you can not imagine how many pups are dumped in boxes or bags because they were too "ugly" or too "old" to be sold for even a pitance.
Iīve had people turn up with "yorkie poos" and yorkie-chis" etc etc etc (the list is endless) because they couldent find homes for them and ended up with a houseful of pups they couldent afford to feed etc.
Then our shelters have to put them down because no wants wants an adult dog and to feed all these hundreds and thousands of dogs costs money.
I would certainly pay a small fee to help get the bitch spayed (alot ask for what ever it is you can give) and I would also pay the fee that a shelter asks for in order to adopt a mix.But actually PAY for a mutt just because the owner thinks itīs cute enough to make a profit from? No.

Last edited by Ginas_babys; 09-23-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Ginas_babys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!