View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #11
maggiefromnj
YT Addict

Proud owner of a yorkie poo here. I tried the shelter route, and around here all you are going to get at most shelters are pit bulls and pit mixes. They are not full of small mixed dogs, or really many small dogs at all. There were a few we tried for, but I think they usually went to someone who "knew someone." we didn't want to wait a year to get a puppy, so we bought her. Also, not everybody is equipped to deal with the problems that may come with an adult shelter dog, of any size.

I hope the OP does check out shelters if they havent already, but if they have then don't give them a hard time for paying for something they want. I will agree though that a mix of more than 2 breeds should be a pretty low price because you really don't know what they will grow into. I Don't know how much $ pounds is in dollars

If a dog looks as adorable as the one posted here why wouldn't a person want to sell it? It's not like there were no expenses to its birth etc. Why would an adorable small mixed dog end up at a shelter anymore than another unwanted dog? Someone either wants their pup or they don't. I doubly being mixed makes it end up at a shelter. The exception is the random breedings of the pit bulls because people find out they can't handle them and they must end up with irresponsible owners because there are so many.

Here is a link to our shelter. Loads of cats, over 60 dogs that are pit or pit mixes and under 10 that are not pit or pit mix, but mostly all large. We do donate $ and supplies to the shelter. Also used blankets pillows etc. Camden County Animal Shelter - Blackwood, NJ :: For Adoption

I get the idea that people want to keep the breed pure etc, but so many people on here spay there purebreds anyway, and many of the non-mixes aren't up to standards, so what's the difference? Op, go ahead and pay for what you want. Love it and take care of it. Dont OVER-pay. Look around and see what the going rates are for purebred etc so you can decide if the price is fair. Maggie, my mix, is the sweetest dog in my neighborhood. She loves everyone and is very healthy. She is our spoiled baby and she loves us more than my skin kids seem to!
maggiefromnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!