View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
Zoey Zendaya
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default thank you all for the warm welcome

and the possum story is a funny one too.
One evening I was trying to cook up supper and had fixings out for Lasagna and ravioli. Trying to decide which to fix, in rushes my 10 year old grandson in an excite panic "Grampy found a dead mama possum and she has NINE babies in her pouch! Quick get a box get some newspapers, get some milk they're HUNGRY and making all kinds of noise!"

Caught off guard spoon in hand I said"well I cant take them!". Surprised he said "Well grampy doesn't want them, you don't want them SOMEBODYS got to take them!! Theyre just BABIES!!" So the story goes , that was it...my supper turned into Lasagna olios and I was up every 2 hours drop feeding 10 baby possums for the next 5 days! I finally found a rehabber but not before I got attached to the sweet mild mannered little things. We mad a cute little condo out of boxes with brances in one , sleeping area in another, and feeding area in another, all connected by a cut out hole and some staples.

3 months later the rehabber called me back and asked if I wanted to help find a place to release some. I gladly took the last 2 of my 10 , one we named Penelope, she had missing toes , and my grandson learned a valuable lesson in compassion by rescuing and releasing.
Attached Thumbnails
hi new member here-042.jpg   hi new member here-071.jpg   hi new member here-017.jpg   hi new member here-025.jpg  
Zoey Zendaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!