View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora View Post
First, thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

Yep, I'm putting it buckle to the left paw.

Unfortunately the minute I brought the camera out he wouldn't do it. I tried for at least an hour to get him to do his sneaky little trick. He is not a huge fan of the camera unless it's his idea.
I tried the middle hole again, held onto the back of harness and tugged a little to make sure it was on right. While I was still checking and holding on, he stood up on his hind legs without prompting and backed out. My sister saw it and said try the next hole, now this is a little embarrassing as it seems like I was kinda putting it on wrong after all, I buckled it and she (my sister) then gave the strap a good tug downward. Just as we finished the cat walked by and it all turned into chaos. The most awesome thing happened though! We had already attached the leash and when he saw the cat he ran after her, he was stopped by the leash so he tried to do his trick to get out of the harness and couldn't. He tried about three more times to get out but couldn't. Now he is mad at me.

Thanks Kristin for the help and great customer service!
I'm sorry I hadn't realized my mistake before posting this thread
LOL, I am very happy that all is working well now! The harness really should hold your little Houdini. When Teddy was younger, we joked that he was double-jointed. Despite his amazing efforts, he never escaped the Buddy Belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiesMom View Post
I think many of us have put it on wrong. Heck, one time I actually realized Mandie's leg had come out after I buckled lol.

I knew Kristen ( and trial and error) would figure it out

...sorry Henri is mad at you now. lol
I have been using the Buddy Belt for over 4 years and I have to admit, I have put it on wrong -- and put the wrong one/size on the wrong dog. I've put it on upside down, one leg sticking out. (this was in the morning, before my second cup of coffee)

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!