View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
Ginas_babys
BANNED!

Talking Well.... *update* :D (and a question)

So, Bells pregnancy has been confirmed, and although we had it done, we didnt need the ultrasound to know that in the end (vet did not want to do an xray yet)
Since Sunday, there is now full blown, very obvious movement (rolls, little kicks etc) and if you look carefully, you can actually see it without touching her belly.I think the movement strartles her too (is that possible?) which is why she´s such a fidget even in her sleep lately.
She isnt huge at all, infact, until it was confirmed, I was still doubting weather she was PG or not and going back and forth with the notion, but aparantly (after an ultrasound yesturday) there are only 2 pups in there, so it´s normal that she isnt massive like I´ve seen with other yorkies carrying a larger litter.She just looks fat

Her belly changes constantly.
Depending on where the pups are you can see a long egg shape bump in a certain spot (the pup has its back to the outside), or a soft patch where you can see little kicks (where the pup is actually facing the outside, feet forward), I´m a mother myself (of 3) yet this never ceases to amaze me..life is such a miracle

Anyhoo, she is due around the 28th of this month so things are just obvious at this point, which I am releived about (no more asuming).
She has been on Royal Canin Birth plan (starter mother and baby dog) for a little while now, and I mix that with either meat broth or a small dollop of liver Pate so that she´ll eat it (she´s always been fussy).

Now, my question is, how do I trim her belly hair (it´s quite thick) without totally freaking her out? Bella has always been a fearful and anxious little thing.She has never liked going on walks (she just stresses and cries and wants to be held) she hates being groomed (which is why I do my own grooming) and she doesnt apreciate being touched at all lately.The other day, I had to wrap her (gently of course) in a towel to trim her ears, she whined the entire time, and that was only a couple of minutes with a pair of scissors, and she´s used to THAT! So how on earth do I go about trimming the hair around her teets?

Anyway, that´s my update so far I am now busy getting things sorted and ready and doing some last minute top-up reading and question asking with my mentor etc.I will also be coming back and forth on here in between to read etc, so I hope that´s ok
Ginas_babys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!