View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #8
yipyap
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default YTCA Rearranging

Dear Yorkie Lovers,
I feel sure the caring members of the YTCA will be able to get all their issues resolved. When I read your emails, I thought to myself, ahhhh, yes, the issues of trying to get everyone to get along and to agree with each other! There has to be a fair amount of give and take on association and club matters, no matter what type of organization. By now, I am 63 and have been in Va State Garden Club, Va District 6 of the DAR, American Peony Society, Augusta Co. Teachers Assoc., the Church's Council of Elders, and our local Retired Teachers Association. There Always comes a time or issue when some members may only see things One way, and not want to "give an inch" on a proposition. It does make it very hard for those members who are really trying to keep their group viable and just want a reasonable agreement. I was on the Board of Officers of one of the groups that I listed up above. We had a Very strong-minded President who had gotten our Society up & running, but after running things for 3 terms, Board Meetings with her in charge became very unpleasant for all the other officers. Finally, when some of our Board threatened to Quit, she stopped trying to run-over all the other officers' opinions, and after a few months of "quibbling" with the newly elected president, she settled down and took a back-seat. We finally found a "computer person" (who was recommended by the local Staples Store) to set-up our new website, but we all chipped-in on the reasonable fee, and now there is a very nice website. So, do not give up, I'm sure those members who love the YTCA will get rtheir issues settled and also find someone to do a nice website!
yipyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!