View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #15
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
WEll Breeders LET US Start a new Business.

That of Power of Attorney to examine a pup. WE sell our services to would be buyers who assign their DUTY to SEE the PUP at the BREEDERS home, and for a fee, we go over. We examine, we talk, we take pics, and then we send onto our client, examination done, everything fine. I as your proxy have looked at the pup!

So now I as the breeder am not selling "sight" un-seen.

Or how about we breeders all set up webcams in our home, and for a fee, allow a prospective buyer to see the puppy insitu?
They have us by the short hairs, Gail....they have already thought of every out we could possibly come up with, in our effort to keep providing well bred, healthy pups, from breeders people can TRUST to be there when they need them. We cant keep them in the house, they need to be housed in specified cages with runs....it even states you can convert an extra room into a place for your dogs...I only have 4 breeding females, but that will be changed down to 2, then none in the upcoming years........now, the BYB's, that are throwing questionable dogs together, and then dumping them to unsuspecting, uneducated buyers, at flea markets and out of the back of their cars on the roadside, garage sales, or grocery store parking lots, they will continue to do just fine....they dont advertise, they dont spend a ton of money on websites or any of the other expenses that ensure these babies will live long healthy lives, they dump them at 6-8 weeks, their "ooops" ties, before vaccinations and well baby checks....no overhead, minimal expenses, probably NOT registerable.....no paper trails......and they are gone....owners are on their own.....this tears the sheet for me....it is no longer worth the effort or expense to continue what I have done with all the love in my heart and soul I possess....it never was a money making production for me...like my brother tried to console me with, "Think of the money you will save! Think of all the things you can do, and all the places you can go, anytime you want to! This is a blessing in disguise for you, sis...this passion of yours has you nailed to the house, 24/7....and you dont even make ends meet! It takes your additional income to support this business..... Move on, keep some of your own babies so you will have healthy babies to fool with and love, and let it go.....you can still have dogs, just not breeding them....all the fun and love of dogs and none of the expense and worry." He is making sense to me......I could not handle the HSUS, SPCA, and local yokel gestapo banging on my door, invading my home, confiscating my dogs, leaving me with nothing by a broken heart and huge fines for non compliance....I am done with this! 2013 will be the final act for Rosehill Yorkies.

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 09-13-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!