View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #15
Holly_Wood
Senior Yorkie Talker

We had a similar experience with Zadie (my first Yorkie) she had the most beautiful long flowing hair down to the ground ... we decided she needed a puppy cut as I was taking her to the beach regularly and she loved it ... before that my GF at the time didn't really take her out at all ....

I picked a groomer that I knew and loved but she shaved to much off and cut the whiskers .. I was shocked but not totally freaked out ... my GF cried for a few days and was really angry .. I went and spoke to the groomer in a calm and friendly way and she took notes ... the groomer and I have become life time friends as well as my GF (now EX) stays in contact with her ....

When Zadie died she came to visit which was really nice ... and now my Holly is booked to see her next month :-)

All that to say I understand that this is a real shock and can be very upsetting when it happens .... but in some cases can be made into a positive ... Zadies hair never grew back the same but we ended up loving getting her a puppy cut in summer .. she was much easier to keep clean and I think she appreciated it too ... I can still see her bounding along the beach in pure joy :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zadie1.jpg (42.5 KB, 68 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!