View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #14
magicgenie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Look the good ones are small scale breeders, and you need at least four active breeding females.... But you want to keep your retired females. If zoning laws and your land and house and size of your dogs permits, maybe you will have 6 females on hand.

So you have an inspection; do you have to PROVE only 4 females are breeding/ What happens when you keep a female puppy for 6mths or so to see if she is breed worthy; then bump you are over the limit.

This law is so asinine I am speechless..

And where will the enforcement funds come from?
Again, in today's readings I came across something that says the inspector will decide case by case which are breeding females. There's too much leeway here for petty tyrants to to decide a 6 month old prospect or 9 year old retired unspayed female is a breeding female.
The truly scary part is enforcement. Will HSUS, ASPCA, local breeder-hating ACO be deputized to do these inspections? Some of those buggers showed up at my door one day to investigate an anonymous, crank, complaint, and my life is forever changed by it. I didn't lose my dogs due to the fact they and my home were in marvelous condition and I was able to get immediate high-powered help on the scene. Sometimes help isn't available in such an immediate way. Once your dogs get confiscated over a technicality, they're gone forever. Being cleared in the courts later won't get youback your dogs.
Yeah, this is stressful. I'm in dogs and totally committed to them, but I wouldn't take up this hobby as a beginner in today's legal environment.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!