View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #13
magicgenie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
WEll Breeders LET US Start a new Business.

That of Power of Attorney to examine a pup. WE sell our services to would be buyers who assign their DUTY to SEE the PUP at the BREEDERS home, and for a fee, we go over. We examine, we talk, we take pics, and then we send onto our client, examination done, everything fine. I as your proxy have looked at the pup!

So now I as the breeder am not selling "sight" un-seen.

Or how about we breeders all set up webcams in our home, and for a fee, allow a prospective buyer to see the puppy insitu?
Somewhere today while going through the voluminous literature on this subject, I came across something that indicates a buyer cannot hire a professional to act on their behalf. They can appoint a friend, relative or other unpaid person to examine the pup on their behalf, but not a paid one. I have to go looking for where I saw that.
I have been able to ascertain that the way I sometimes deal with my clients is OK in the new regulations. Being in a remote place, I often drive to my puppy clients' homes or meet them somewhere to do the transfer, and that seems OK. They relaxed the part of the rule that said the pruchase had to take place at the breeder's property. Of course, this does not help in the least with the dogs I routinely purchase and have shipped to me...Then again, those are breeding dogs that may be exempted under a different paragraph.

While I have never approved of people buying sight unseen from unknown, reputation unverified, breeders on the internet, I don't think we needed new federal regulations to protect the careless people who would do so. This regulation gives so-called authorities too much leeway to come calling and abuse their misbegotten powers.

Last edited by magicgenie; 09-13-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: typo
magicgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!