View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theporkieyorkie View Post
Wow...that really sucks!!

It seems like every breeder is now going to have to get a USDA licence. I'm sorry, but I hardly think that having 4 breeding females makes someone a "commercial" breeder!!

I am just not sure how these new rules are going to help anyone. IMO, if they are going to do something like this...they need to have different rules and regulations
that apply to different kennel sizes and possibly different breeds as well....and it would be helpful if we, as buyers were able to tell "how commercial" the kennel is. Obviously, someone with 200 dogs is going to have different "needs" than someone who has "4 dogs" anyways...so trying to lump them all in one category seems crazy to me.

I wonder what the impact will be like on the smaller breeders. I wonder if it will end up putting a lot of the smaller kennels out of business because of the changes they would have to make to be in compliance with the USDA?!? It would be a very sad day if/when our only choice would be to purchase a dog from some huge puppy mill corporation

I am interested to hear from some of our breeders on here and what their perspective is on these new regulations. How and in what ways do you think this will impact your kennels??
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!