View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #1
docmartin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Smile A Farewell to Grooming Stress!

For the entire 3 months we've lived together 'Crystal' has been a real pain to groom. She bites the Combs and Brushes and I have to dart in like a demonic Sweeney Todd to control her tangles. When my wife isn't around, as I'm essentially one armed, it's either an hour of a job, or frustrated abandonment. I've tried distraction aids like chews etc, all to no avail. Even waiting till she's tired (huh) supports little respite as she returns to obstructive default mode within a few seconds!

Mrs Doc has been away and by a process of logic and a bit of luck I've found liberation from this daily 'bun-fight'. We have a large enamel 'Butler type sink'. The errant 'groomee' is placed into this receptacle (upon a towel), which seems to have an amazing calming effect.

Both days she has let me do all the difficult bits, legs and in particular under the throat and her fast returning 'mane' without any resistance, almost like a form of 'Brainwashing'. The whole job is done in ten minutes, topped off with the daily 'eye pad' routine, another favorite 'Dad Torture' speciality. Harringtons 'Dog Treats' are visibly apparent to the 'prisoner' throughout.

I'm very watchful not to let her hop out of the sink, but as it's both deep and perfectly proportioned for the job at hand and the towel hampers 'lift off', she can't get enough time together for 'The Great Escape' - no Steve McQueen jumps here - oh no!

Her mush, as she views all the Combs, Brushes, Mustachio implements is straight from 'Loony Tunes' and I have to admit enjoyment, as this time Wile E Coyote has definitely got the 'Road Runner' heh, heh!

My wife's daughters two Yorkies, love being brushed and combed, turning over on their backs to facilitate the process, no reactions, no biting, just coalescence. I had to get a rebel of course...
Attached Thumbnails
A Farewell to Grooming Stress!-sink-email.jpg  
docmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!